Thursday, October 8, 2015

October 5, 2015

Sorry for the late one this week!  I'm still figuring this out!  I think I have it!!!   For some reason the pictures didn't come in.  I'll figure that one out!  PS.....You are so welcome Sister Tomkinson!


Hey everybody! 
Sorry last week was missed! I sent my post to my sweet mama and it was blank for some reason! So shout out to you Mom for updating my blog for me! So two weeks of stuff to catch up on, I don't even know where to start! Well I got to go to the general women's meeting and the Saturday morning session of conference at the conference center so that's pretty exciting! We had pretty good seats for general conference, too!image2.JPGimage3.JPG

So this week has been busy! We've been working towards 30 lessons a week and we get soooo close! We got 28 lessons these last couple weeks! Anyway is been way good! Last week was also Sister Rice's birthday! So we were pretty much having a party all weekend! I got her a Wonder Woman onesie to go along with my batman onesie! So essentially, life is great! Teaching lots and loving the work!
image1.JPG
Earlier this week our zone leaders called us with a challenge. They told us to summarize our testimony in three words. They gave us examples like "God is love" or "church is true" or "repentance is real". Anyway, you get the jist. So I've been thinking of mine and I've heard some other great ones, too. I also heard, and I think this is great, "Angels round about." I finally figured mine out before conference and the more I listened to conference the more my three word testimony seemed so perfect for me. "Christ is key." Everything I believe and everything I've experienced, everything seems to come back to Christ. We are able to be forgiven because of the Atonement. We are able to be comforted because of Christ. Every good deed we see shows us the true love of Christ. We're not perfect but we can be perfected through Christ. After everything He has done for me there is no way I can ever even begin to repay Him. So I want to challenge you guys to sum up your testimony in three words. It really helps you dig down and find out what you really believe. It helps you find the core of your testimony. Or at least it did for me. Everybody is different and nobody is perfect. There is perfection in imperfection and that's the way it is supposed to be. We aren't supposed to be perfect, so that is why we have CHRIST! Anyway I love you all and I hope you find your three word testimony! Please share it with someone when you do! It's an awesome experience and it'll help you feel that much closer to your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! Until next week! 

Sister Tomkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment